Sunday 13 May 2012

"Chaplin" 1992 USA, by Richard Attenborough



"Chaplin" is a biographical story of the world most know and celebrated comedy character/actor named "Charlie Chaplin". The film is the story of his career path, his personal life, and his struggles along the way. The story is told from the perspective of Chaplin's himself. It is a rather serious film with some sense of comedy that carried through out the story. 


I really enjoyed the film and appreciated many story telling choices that the director, Richard Attenborough, used. The mixture of texts and symbolical elements. I also admired the compelling performance of Robert Downer, JR. who portrays Chaplin. The script was delightful, I can pretty much access the essence of the person that Chaplin is. And what a journey watching a story that is set in the period that I was not even born yet. Best of all, the film gave me this sense of ambition of such an extraordinary person.  

No comments:

Post a Comment